Saturday, October 8, 2011

And David encouraged himself in the Lord!!!


When things looked really bad for David, he knew to take his problems to the Lord!!!  He encouraged himself in the Lord!!!

That’s what we have to do.  We have to get in God’s Word and encourage ourselves!!  We have the advantage because unlike David, we have the Bible; we have God’s WORD!!!

We can read about David and Daniel and the 3 young Hebrew men.  We can encourage ourselves by reading about them and how they made it through problems, and times of tribulation and persecution. 

We can encourage ourselves and stand on God’s Word!  We can say to the Lord, I see in Your Word, Lord, where you made a way for the Israelites to walk through the Red Sea and I know that you will make a way for me.  

I have read in Your Word where those that were jealous of Daniel had the King throw Daniel into the lion’s den.  And God I see that you shut the mouth of those hungry lions.  I know God that you will shut the mouths of ALL that try to devour me!!!     

I see where the people spoke of stoning David and how he encouraged himself in You.  I will encourage myself in YOU, LORD!!

1 Samuel 30:1-6 (KJV)

 1And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire; 

 2And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way. 

 3So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives. 

 4Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. 

 5And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite. 

 6And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

In the Common English Bible it says, 6 David was in deep trouble because the troops were talking about stoning him. Each of the soldiers was deeply distressed about their sons and daughters. But David found strength in the LORD his God.


Jonah 2:2 (NKJV)  And he said:  I cried out to the LORD because of my affliction, And He answered me. 

Jonah 2:2 (CEV)  When I was in trouble, LORD, I prayed to you, and you listened to me.

Philippians 4:13 (NKJV) I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Therefore, I proclaim unto the Lord that when problems arise and things happen, I will remember that ALL things work together for the good of those who love the Lord!!!  Rom. 8:28 

I will remember that I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.

I will NOT fear because Your Word says, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:7

I will have the peace that passeth ALL understanding because Your Word says in Phil. 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


I WILL read God’s Word!!!  I WILL BE ENCOURAGED by HIS WORD!!!    

 

I think that Psalm 27:14 says it best!!! 


Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!  Psalm 27:14 (NKJV)


 

No comments: