Friday, October 21, 2011

There’s a Fight Going On!!! But I AM Going to Win!!!

 
Do you ever wish your life was perfect???  Do you ever wish you didn’t do stupid stuff???

Well, welcome to the club!!!  Me, too!!!

I was really having a tough time because I felt like I had royally messed up, but then someone stopped by and we talked a few minutes about life and the Lord!!!

And this is what I heard myself telling that person.  “I don’t know what you are going through, but I do know that God loves ALL of us even when we do stupid stuff and make mistakes.”  


So, when you mess-up, repent, ask God to forgive you, then forgive yourself, and ask God for his help.  Find out what you should do next and go on!!! 



I am going to give you a really good piece of advice!!!  When you do wrong and you know you did wrong, and you feel bad, DON’T WALLOW IN SELF PITY, AND GUILT!!!  That is what the devil wants you to do!!! 



That is why the devil is always telling us what dirty ole’ sinners we are!!!  That is why he wants us to feel bad about ourselves and feel guilty ALL the time!!!  



One time many, many years ago, I had done something really stupid!!!  And I felt so bad about it that I kept crying and repenting over and over!!! 

So, one day I was in my bathroom fixing to clean-up and I was saying, God I am so sorry!!!  And GOD said to me, Haven’t you already repented for this???  And I said yes, but I am so sorry!!! 

And GOD said to me, Well, I don’t know what you are talking about!  When you have repented and I have forgiven you, I no longer remember the things that you did!!!  So, now you have to forgive yourself and go on!!! 

We have to learn to ignore ALL the lies that the devil tries to tell us!!!
 


When we fall or when the devil trips us, we have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and ask God to forgive us and help us go on with our lives. 


It is so important that we forgive ourselves and NOT walk around with our heads hung low!!!  (If people see us walking around like that they are NOT going to want to know our Jesus!)

God can’t use us when we act like that and further more, who wants to live like that.  We have to know that Jesus died so that we could and would be forgiven!!! 



So, GET UP!!!  Put a SMILE on your face (even if you don’t feel like it!!!) 


When the devil brings his lies to you, just say, OH NO, devil I am forgiven!!! 


Then go on with Jesus!!!  Keep on walking because soon you will come across someone who is worse off than you. 

Encourage them and help them up!!!
  Encourage them to walk on with Jesus!!!  And know that you are giving the devil a black eye!!!

 

In Romans 7:18-25 (CEV), Paul says this.

 

18I know that my selfish desires won't let me do anything that is good. Even when I want to do right, I cannot.

19Instead of doing what I know is right, I do wrong.

20And so, if I don't do what I know is right, I am no longer the one doing these evil things. The sin that lives in me is what does them. 

21The Law has shown me that something in me keeps me from doing what I know is right.

22With my whole heart I agree with the Law of God.

23But in every part of me I discover something fighting against my mind, and it makes me a prisoner of sin that controls everything I do.

24What a miserable person I am. Who will rescue me from this body that is doomed to die?

25Thank God! Jesus Christ will rescue me.  So with my mind I serve the Law of God, although my selfish desires make me serve the law of sin.
    


Romans 12:21 (NKJV)  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.


Romans 12:21 (CEV) Don't let evil defeat you, but defeat evil with good.
   

No comments: