Thursday, October 20, 2011

I've Found Jesus!!!

 Original Posting 10/19/2011 - Was posting this last night before
midnight and just as I hit “POST,” the time changed.
 
The chorus to this song by Delirous has been running through my mind all day long and the same thought that I had last night keeps coming to me. 


WHO FOUND WHO???


When we first get saved, we are so excited and we can’t wait to tell every one that we got saved!!!  We want ALL of them to know that we found Jesus!!! 

We’ve found the Lord!!!


I know that we are so very excited to have found the precious gift of SALVATION that God has given us in Jesus Christ, His Son. 


That we want to tell everyone how WE’VE FOUND JESUS!!!


We want to tell everyone how wonderful it is!!!  We want to celebrate!!!  We want to shout it to the roof tops, WE’VE FOUND JESUS!!!


And that is what this song is about!!!  By now you are saying, “DUH!!!!”


I guess I am just trying to find a nice way to say that WE, ALL OF US have it so turned around!!! 


Let me put it this way.  Who was lost?  NOT JESUS!!!    


Just think about it for a minute and then we will start celebrating again!!!  I just want each of us to think about it for just a moment!!! 


In truth, we were lost and Jesus Found Us!!! 


So, maybe this song, should be “Jesus Found ME!!!”


Because Jesus Did Find Me and OH!!! How HE Set Me Free!!!


And the day I came back to HIM, ALL HEAVEN REJOICED!!

Luke 15:7 (CEB) In the same way, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who changes both heart and life than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need to change their hearts and lives.

 

So, who knows!!!  Maybe they are singing this same song in heaven.  

I definitely agree that there is cause for dancing and rejoicing when we meet Jesus!!!  There is no doubt about that!!!


I just think that we have it a bit turned around!!!  I think there is just this little bit of pride there when we say that we’ve found Jesus or we’ve found the Lord!! 


And I know that God is thinking, “You didn’t do any thing!”


But I also know that GOD is sitting up there in Heaven with a big ole grin on His face listening to us sing about how we found Jesus; how we found the Lord!!! 

And HE chuckles as HE thinks, I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU FOUND ME, and then HE chuckles again!!!  


So, come on everyone let’s celebrate!!!


I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus

Well I hear they're singing in the streets that
Jesus is alive
And all creation shouts aloud that
Jesus is alive
Now surely we can all be changed 'cause
Jesus is alive
And everybody here can know that
Jesus is alive

And I will live for all my days

To raise a banner of truth and light
To sing about my Saviour’s love
And the best thing that happened
It was the day I met you

I've found Jesus

I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus

Well I feel like dancing in the street 'cause

Jesus is alive
To join with all who celebrate that
Jesus is alive
Well the joy of God is in this town 'cause
Jesus is alive
For everybody's seen the truth that
Jesus is alive

And I will live for all my days

To raise a banner of truth and light
To sing about my Saviour’s love
And the best thing that happened
It was the day I met you

I've found Jesus

I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus
I've found Jesus

Well you lifted me from where I was

Set my feet upon a rock
Humbled that you even knew about me
Now I have chosen to believe
Believing that you've chosen me
I was lost but now I've found...

Written by Martin Smith ©1995 Curious? Music UK

No comments: