Monday, October 24, 2011

My God Watches Over Me!!!

 
How many times have we avoided danger unknowingly???  How many times has God intervened on our behalf???

Do you think that He will tell us when we get to Heaven?


Have you ever felt NOT to go somewhere??? 


Or maybe you felt to leave for a job interview at a certain time, even though you knew you would there really early if you did!!!  But it just seemed very important that you leave at that time!!!


I don’t know why I went that way.  How many times have I heard that???


Or…  For some reason, I just turned and went a different way today.  I just felt to go another way!!!


Well, I do NOT believe in coincidence or happenstance!!!  I do NOT believe that any thing just happens by chance!!! 

The Word says, To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV)

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (CEB) There’s a season for everything and a time for every matter under the heavens.


When you live for God, HE directs your paths!!!  The steps of a righteous man are ordered by God.  Ps. 3:6, Ps. 37:23

And because I live for HIM, HE watches over me!!!  

1 Samuel 2:9 (AMP) He will guard the feet of His godly ones, but the wicked shall be silenced and perish in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

I really like knowing that God watches over me.  I have seen God move for me in so many ways and in so many situations.  If I told you even a small portion of then, we would be here for well, over a month, if NOT longer!!! 



I want to share with you what God showed me about how HE watched over David.  This is such a wonderful example of how GOD cares for and watches over those who love HIM!!! 

You see, David loved the Lord and he honored God in ALL that he did!!!  If you have read very much about David, then you know that God anointed David to be King of Israel when he was 17 (while Saul was still sitting on the throne.)  1 Sam. 16:1, 11-13 

Saul had disobeyed God and refused to take responsibility for his actions and so God rejected him.  1 Sam. 15:1-26  

But even when Saul threatened David and tried to kill him, David refused to touch the Lord’s anointed man.  David knew that Saul had been anointed by God to be King (1 Sam. 11:15) and he refused to do him any harm. 

In this David was very wise.   

God had given him great favor among the people.  In 1 Samuel 27, we find David and 600 men leaving Israel with their families to go to the land of the Philistines. 

God gives David favor with Achish, the King of Gath.  Achish gives David the city of Ziklag, so that he and his men and all their families might dwell there.  1 Sam. 27:6   

In chapter 28, we find that the Philistines are preparing to go to war with Israel.  Achish asks David to go to battle with him against the children of Israel and David agrees.  It doesn’t tell us exactly what David is thinking or planning on doing. 

But in chapter 29, we see God intervene on David’s behalf!!!  The Philistine Princes do NOT trust David and they force Achish to send David and his men home to Ziklag, to their wives and children.

In Chapter 31, we find that the Philistines go up against Israel in battle and they defeat Israel and kill many men including Saul and his sons. 


Now, let’s look at this for just a moment.  I am going to tell you what God showed me.   

David was willing to go to battle with Achish and would have done just as the Philistines feared.  He would have fought against the Philistines with the Israelites, but God intervened. 

David had no idea that God had totally rejected Saul and that Saul would die in this battle.  David had no idea that his future was about to change drastically!!!  He had no idea that only days after this battle, he would be anointed King over Judah!!!  2 Sam. 2:1-4    

But God knew and HE intervened.

Don’t you know that if David had fought in this battle, someone would have tried to say that he killed Saul!!! 


God also showed me that HE intervened on David’s behalf in another way.  He showed me as I was writing this, that if David and his men had gone into this battle, they would NOT have known until it was too late that their homes had been attacked and burned with fire.  1 Sam. 30 


Don’t you know that God has perfect timing!!! 

When David and his men got home after 3 days of traveling, they found their families and all that belonged to them gone.  David asked the Lord what to do and God told him to go after the invaders.   

God told David that they would recover ALL that was stolen from them.  1 Sam. 30:8 

In verse 16, we find that as David and his men pursue the enemy, they find them (the Amalekites) celebrating.  David and his men attacked the Amalekites and killed all of them except 400 young men who escaped on camels. 

And just as God had told David when he sought The Lord, David recovered all that the Amalekites had carried away.  1 Sam. 30: 18-19    

 


I love knowing that my God watched over David!!!  And I know that just as MY GOD watched over David, He will watch over me!!!


Psalm 91 (KJV)

 1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

 2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

 3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

 4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

 5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

 6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

 7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

 8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

 9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

 10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

 11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

 12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

 13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

 14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

 15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

 16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

No comments: