Wednesday, July 13, 2016

“BUSYBODIES,” Always Butting In...



The other day, I walked into church and some folks were having a discussion.  I heard what they were saying and I weighed in.  These folks had NOT asked me what I thought, but I told them, anyway. 


And to be truthful, I was right.  Well, at least what I said was right.


But that doesn’t matter because I was being a busybody!!!  I was meddling in someone else’s business!!!


1 Peter 4:15 (KJV) But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.


1 Peter 4:15 (WEB) For let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evil doer, or a meddler in other men’s matters.


Just an hour or so later,
a comment was made about me weighing in, and I can tell you, that I honestly didn’t appreciate that comment because of the tongue in cheek manner in which it was said.


Of course, I probably wouldn’t have appreciated any comment, because I had already realized that I should have kept my mouth shut!!  I was upset with myself for butting in.


THE LORD allowed me to see that although I was right, I should NOT have given my opinion.  And HE had me apologize to the lady that had started the discussion.


If these folks had asked for my opinion, that would have been different!!!


To be truthful, until now, I wasn’t even ready to admit I had been being a busybody or a meddler in other’s affairs!!!   


The other night, as I was getting ready to go to bed, I was griping to the LORD about some folks that had been discussing me!!!  Their discussion of me has caused a problem that I am going to have to handle. 


2 Thessalonians 3:1-2 (KJV)

1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.


So, now, I am waiting to find out from THE LORD exactly what I should do and say.  ONLY GETTING DIRECTION FROM GOD AND KNOWING EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS ME TO DO, can and will solve this problem!!! 


2 Thessalonians 3:5 (KJV) And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.


To be truthful, it still bothers me that these folks were discussing me in the first place!!!  And I was telling THE LORD that they should have been minding their own business!!!  They should have been taking care of their own business instead of discussing me!!! 


It was then that THE LORD let me know that I also should have been minding my own business, instead of giving unwanted advice to someone who didn’t ask!!!


Your behavior comes back to bite you sometimes, doesn’t it?  Dang, I hate that!!!  That’s one of the many reasons that I want to learn to live right
ALL THE TIME, NOT just most of the time!!!


1 Peter 1:15-17 (KJV)

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work…


G
OD is right, and I was wrong!!!  Of course, I knew that, but NOW I am admitting it!!! 


Therefore, I am asking MY FATHER, GOD to help me NOT be a busybody or a meddler!!!


2 Thessalonians 3:3 (KJV) But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.


GOD allowed me to realize and know that just as these other folks were wrong in talking about me, I was wrong to butt in and give my opinion when it wasn’t asked for.


The Bible lets us know that we should be busy working for Jesus and doing what GOD has assigned us to do!!!  We should be tending to our own households, and NOT involved in other folks’ business!!!


1 Timothy 5:13-14 (KJV)

13 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.


OUR FATHER wants us to be tending to HIS BUSINESS, NOT everyone else’s business!!!


2 Thessalonians 3:12
(KJV) Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.


There is an old song that says all this very plainly.



It says, Sweep around your own front porch and I’ll sweep around mine!!! 


I just love that verse!!!
 


Because it is so very plain!!!


You handle your own business and I’ll handle mine!!!



We all know folks who have their fingers in everyone’s pie!!!  And we all know folks who always have an opinion about what everyone else is doing!!! 


2 Thessalonians 3:11 (CEB) We hear that some of you are living an undisciplined life. They aren’t working, but they are meddling in other people’s business.


And if everyone told the truth, they’d tell you that they would rather NOT see these people coming!!! 


You know, I just don’t want to be one of those people!!!


Do you??????????????




No comments: