Thursday, July 7, 2016

Seek the LORD while HE may be found…



Kingdoms and households have fallen because people have NOT sought the LORD and inquired of HIM before making decisions. 


Even in our everyday lives, we should use wisdom and seek THE LORD, so that we will know how to move forward in every situation.  We need to allow THE LORD to lead and guide us in ALL the areas of our lives!!! 


I know that some folks feel that GOD is NOT at all a necessary part of their lives!!!  Many folks seem to think that they can live without GOD, but life doesn’t work out well without HIM!!! 


I have written before about seeking the LORD and trusting HIM to lead you.  I have talked about having confidence in God and knowing that HE will show you what way is best for you in your life. 


But no matter how many times I say it, there are still people (some of them are Christians) who do NOT seek GOD’s WILL for their lives.  However, when disaster strikes their lives, you hear all about GOD!!!  Even Atheists cry out.  When disaster strikes, everyone knows GOD!!!


Isaiah 55:6-7 (NKJV)

Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.

Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.


Long before David was crowned king, GOD had showed himself to David!!!  When he was a young man tending his father’s sheep, David had come to know THE LORD.  Even as a lad, GOD had revealed himself to David!!!  David knew THE GOD that he served!!! 


1 Samuel 17:34-37 (KJV)

34 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:

35 And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.

36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.

37 David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee.


GOD had sent the prophet to anoint David as king when he was very young.  At the appointed time, when David was 30 years old, this prophecy was finally fulfilled and he was crowned king as GOD had promised so long ago.


2 Samuel 5:1-4, 7, 10 (KJV)

1 Then came all the tribes of Israel to David unto Hebron, and spake, saying, Behold, we are thy bone and thy flesh.

Also in time past, when Saul was king over us, thou wast he that leddest out and broughtest in Israel: and the Lord said to thee, Thou shalt feed my people Israel, and thou shalt be a captain over Israel.

So all the elders of Israel came to the king to Hebron; and king David made a league with them in Hebron before the Lord: and they anointed David king over Israel.

David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years.

Nevertheless David took the strong hold of Zion: the same is the city of David.

10 
And David went on, and grew great, and the Lord God of hosts was with him.


David was triumphant over his enemies because he sought the LORD-because he inquired of GOD!!!  Because David put GOD first, GOD honored him!!!


2 Samuel 5:17-21 (KJV)

17 But when the Philistines heard that they had anointed David king over Israel, all the Philistines came up to seek David; and David heard of it, and went down to the hold.

18 The Philistines also came and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.

19 And David enquired of the Lord, saying, Shall I go up to the Philistines? wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the Lord said unto David, Go up: for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into thine hand.

20 And David came to Baalperazim, and David smote them there, and said, The Lord hath broken forth upon mine enemies before me, as the breach of waters. Therefore he called the name of that place Baalperazim.
21 And there they left their images, and David and his men burned them.


Time after time, THE LORD gave David’s enemies into his hand because David had sought HIM!!!  David trusted in GOD to make a way for him!! 
 

2 Samuel 5:22-25 (KJV)

22 And the Philistines came up yet again, and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.

23 And when David enquired of the Lord, he said, Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.

24 And let it be, when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt bestir thyself: for then shall the Lord go out before thee, to smite the host of the Philistines.

25 And David did so, as the Lord had commanded him; and smote the Philistines from Geba until thou come to Gazer.


David wasn’t perfect.  Even though David was a man after GOD’s own heart, there were times when he didn’t seek THE LORD!!!  He was just like we are today!!!  Everyone makes mistakes. 


But wouldn’t it be nice to NOT make mistakes.  Wouldn’t it be nice to know what path to take in every situation? 


Wouldn’t it be nice to know that if no one else stands up for you, God has your back!!!


2 Kings 6:8-12 (NKJV)

Now the king of Syria was making war against Israel; and he consulted with his servants, saying, “My camp will be in such and such a place.”

And the man of God sent to the king of Israel, saying, “Beware that you do not pass this place, for the Syrians are coming down there.”

10 Then the king of Israel sent someone to the place of which the man of God had told him. Thus he warned him, and he was watchful there, not just once or twice.

11 Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was greatly troubled by this thing; and he called his servants and said to them, “Will you not show me which of us is for the king of Israel?”

12 And one of his servants said, “None, my lord, O king; but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the words that you speak in your bedroom.”


GOD will move for us, if we put our trust in HIM.  If we trust GOD to take care of every area of our lives, HE WILL!!!  If we will seek HIM, HE will make a way for us!!!




Because I trust in HIM, GOD has always made a way for me.


Once several years ago, after a hail storm, I found out that there was damage to my roof.  When I called to speak to the insurance adjuster, he was NOT very nice and I was baffled because I knew that my roof was covered. 


When I got off the phone with him, I began to pray and seek THE LORD!!!  I asked THE LORD what to do about this and finally one day GOD said, call them again!!! 


So, I did, and when I asked for that same man, I was told by a very nice man that the man that I had spoken with no longer worked for that company.  Then this very nice man said that he was my new adjuster.  He immediately made arrangements with me to settle my claim and told me what I needed to do to get my insurance check.  GOD had worked it all out for me while I waited on HIM!!! 


Did GOD make them fire that man?  I have no idea.  Did I pray that GOD get rid of that man?  NO!!!  I prayed that GOD would work out that situation for me and show me what to do. 


GOD works out every situation in my life, when I trust in HIM and seek HIM!!!  And if you’ll put your trust in HIM, HE will do the same for you!!! 


Romans 8:28 (AMP) And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.


If you trust in HIM, HE will take care of your every need!!! 


Philippians 4:19 (NKJV) And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.


ALL YOU NEED IS GOD!!! 

 

1 comment:

Tyra said...

Amen! I love how God worked on your behalf regarding your roof!