Tuesday, July 19, 2016

He Who Finds a Wife…



For many years, I have heard, “The man who finds a wife finds a good thing.” 


Hmmmmm…


None of the Bibles that I looked in said exactly that, but maybe I am splitting hairs at this point!!! 


We will see!!! 


Here is what the King James Version says
, Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing…


So, I guess that saying,
The man who finds a wife finds a good thing” is NOT too far off from the original.


However, I believe that the Amplified Bible gives the truest and best interpretation of this scripture. 


Proverbs 18:22 (AMP) He who finds a [true and faithful] wife finds a good thing…


If a man wants to find a true and faithful wife, he should be praying and seeking GOD. 


He should be asking GOD to bring him just the right one.


After all, isn’t
“finding” the right woman that important!!!  Isn’t finding the woman that you want to spend the rest of your life with, so important that you want to seek GOD!!!


And ladies this goes for you, too!!! 


A long time ago, I began praying and seeking GOD because I wanted to make sure that I married the right man.  I decided to trust GOD to pick out my new husband, because who I spend the rest of my life with, is that important to me!!!  I’d rather be by myself, than be married to the wrong man. 


And to be truthful, GOD promising to bring me the right man, has nothing to do with some man deciding that
“he has found me.”


I am NOT a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow to be sought after!!!  I am NOT a fish to be lured with bait and I am NOT big game to be hunted down!!! 


However, I have, at times, felt like a deer that someone has spotlighted, so they can shoot and kill it!!!  And on occasion, I have felt like I am caught in the headlights of someone’s pick-up truck!!! 


Guys, you can’t just decide that you want a certain woman!!!  You shouldn’t decide that some woman looks good or that she seems good!!!


If you do, you could find yourself in serious trouble!!! 


Ecclesiastes 7:26 (CEV) Here is what I discovered: A bad woman is worse than death. She is a trap, reaching out with body and soul to catch you. But if you obey God, you can escape. If you don’t obey, you are done for.


Ecclesiastes 7:26 (AMP) And I discovered that [of all irrational sins none has been so destructive in beguiling one away from God as immoral women for] more bitter than death is the woman whose heart is [composed of] snares and nets, and whose hands are chains. Whoever pleases God will escape from her, but the sinner will be taken captive by her [evil].


The wrong woman can lead you away from GOD!!!  Falling in love with the wrong woman can actually destroy your life!!!  You may think it is love, but whatever you call it, it can destroy everything you have worked so hard for!!!


The same goes for women!!!  Falling in love with the wrong man can destroy everything you have, even your self respect!!! 


This is why THE WORD of GOD tells us NOT TO DEPEND ON what we see, think or feel!!!  That is what GOD means when HE says, Lean NOT to your own understanding. 


We need to seek out THE LORD’S PERFECT WILL FOR OUR LIVES IN EVERY AREA OF OUR LIVES!!!  We need to learn to depend on GOD for everything and that includes bringing us the right spouse!!!


Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6 (AMP)


5 Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].


Let’s be real. 
Being married to the wrong person can make your life miserable.  The wrong person can make your life a living HELL!!!


We all need to stop looking around at every Tom, David, Harriet and Jolene that walks by!!! 


The bottom line is that each and every child of GOD should be praying to GOD and seeking HIM, and TRUSTING HIM to bring them that special someone at just the right time!!! 

No comments: