Thursday, November 24, 2011

Could God really be telling us to be thankful in ALL things???


We know that God wants us to trust HIM in ALL things!!!  And that may seem hard to some folks-to trust Him in the good and the bad!!! 


But to be thankful in ALL things???  Whoa!!!  Does the Bible really say that??  YES!!!  Yes, it does!!!

 

1 Thessalonians 5: 18 (KJV)

 18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.



1 Thessalonians 5: 18(AMP)

18Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].



Does this seem to be a little hard to swallow???

IN EVERY THING GIVE THANKS!!!


So, I had to really think about this!!! 


And I wondered if I really give thanks in every thing.  And I wondered if I could honestly answer, yes.


Now as I look at this, I realized that GOD is NOT saying give thanks FOR every thing!!!  Rather, this verse says IN EVERY THING GIVE THANKS!!!


So, I don’t have to say, I thank you Lord that I wrecked my truck.  But I can be thankful that even though I wrecked my truck, I was NOT seriously injured!!!


And I can be thankful that although my truck is old, I don’t have truck payments. 

I can be thankful that although my truck broke down on the freeway, it did NOT break down in the middle of a hot day, and it did NOT break down on my first day of work while I was headed to my new job.

I CAN TRUST IN GOD IN EVERY SITUATION!!! 

AND IN EVERY THING, I CAN GIVE THANKS!!!


So, I ask you, “Do you give thanks in every thing???"

Think about it!!!    

No comments: