Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Will you settle for something less???


Will you wait on what God has promised you or will you settle for less than the best??? 


Sarah knew that God has promised to make Abraham, the father of many nations.  God had even changed Abram's name to Abraham.  God showed Abraham the stars and told him that his descendents would be just as the stars were, too many to count!!!  Gen. 15:5-6  



But when the wait became too long for Sarah and when the promise did NOT come to pass quickly enough to suit her, Sarah decided to help GOD out.  She decided NOT to wait any longer. 



So, to get a child, she gave Hagar, her Egyptian handmaiden to Abraham, her husband to be his 2nd wife.  Gen. 16:1-4



Abraham and Hagar had a son named Ishmael, but when the Lord appeared to again Abraham, HE said that Ishmael was NOT the son that HE had promised to Abraham.  Gen. 16:9-16



God came to Abraham to let him know that HE had NOT forgotten His promise to them.  HE would give Abraham, a son by his wife, Sarah.  



Genesis 17:15-22 (NKJV)

 

15 Then God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name. 16 And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her.”


17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!”


19 Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.



20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.


21
But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year.” 22 Then He finished talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.


God’s Timing is perfect!!!  He knows exactly when and where things need to happen for us to be blessed!!!  And more importantly, HE knows how we need to be blessed and what will be a blessing and what WILL NOT be a blessing!!!



When we try to do things in our own time and in our own way, we create messes!!!
  We create unwanted problems for ourselves and others!!



I have seen Christians, both men and women, find a mate who seemed to be a wonderful Christian person.  I watched several of them get married, only to later separate because the man or woman they married was NOT who they seemed to be.



And I found myself wondering what happened to the mate that God was sending them.  You cannot marry the one God wants you to marry, if you are entangled with another. 



Had any of these folks asked God, HE would have told them NOT to marry that person. 



I asked God once about marrying a fellow who looked mighty good and treated me really well.  God said for me to wait.  And sure enough as nice as that fellow was, I began to see that he wasn’t for me.  THANK YOU LORD for saving me from myself!!! 



We must remember that old saying, ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD!!!  People are NOT always what they seem!!! 


It may NOT be that a person is bad or anything, but just because that person is saved, doesn’t mean that they are for you!!!  




And then there are the wolves in sheep’s clothing!!!  Those folks mean you no good!!!  And what about those hound dogs!!!  If that hound is always hunting, what makes you think you can make him or her stop???




ALL I am trying to tell you is to ASK GOD WHAT HE THINKS!!!!  Then be careful and watchful when HE begins to talk because HE will show you about people, problems or other situations!!



We should know by now that God sees and knows everything!!!  HE knows what is going on behind the scenes.  Gen. 19:13  And HE tells us that ALL things will be revealed.


Mark 4:22 (NKJV) For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light.



Sometimes, we try to help others out without first seeking GOD, and HE will show us that HE is trying to work with them, but we are getting in HIS WAY!!! 



GOD actually told a friend of mine that every time He got a certain person to the place where that person needed HIS HELP, my friend was stepping in and providing for her, and then she had no need to ask GOD for help!!!



I once had a friend that borrowed money from me every payday and he would always pay it back as soon as he got paid.  God began to deal with me about this situation and HE told me that I was NOT supposed to be this person’s provider. (And he reminded me of my friend above and that situation.)   



So, when this same friend asked me to borrow money to buy tires, saying he would pay it back on payday, I told him that I would ask God.  And you ought to have seen the look on his face. 



When it was time for me to go home, I walked out to my truck.  As I started past his car and God told me to look at his tires, so I did.  Then God told me to look at my tires and I did.



Would you like to know what I saw?????


   
I saw that his tires did NOT look any worse than my tires looked!!!  So, if I was going to spend money for tires for someone, it was obvious that I needed to buy them for my own truck. 
 


I wonder how many times we pull a SARAH???  And decide NOT to wait on God!!!  How many times do we do what we want to do and never even ask God what HE thinks.  I wonder how many times, we mess up what God has planned for us???


When we wait on God we will truly be blessed!!!  And He will give us ALL that He has promised.



Isaac was a man, called of God and I think if we could ask Sarah, she would say that she should have waited for this blessed child from GOD!!!



Are your promises worth the wait???   


I KNOW MINE ARE!!!

No comments: