Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Who’s in Control of Your Life???


Are you in control of your life???  Or is God???


Do you take out time to find out what GOD’S WILL IS FOR YOUR LIFE??? 


Or do you only call on Him when you have made a mess of things?


I once heard Joyce Meyer explain that it is okay to make plans for our life, but then we must submit those plans to GOD!!!  I am not sure if she said it exactly that way, but those are the words that God gave me!!!


It is really like most anything we do.  When we plan a project at work, we have to submit our plans to the boss to be approved before we can move forward.         


If we want to start a business, we have to submit our plans to the zoning board.  If we want to build a house in town, we have to submit our plans to the city to be approved, and the building inspector has to come out to inspect the work.


When we make vacation plans, we have to get approval to be off.


We ALL know that whoever is in charge has the final say-so, or the right to approve of our plans or tell us to change them. 


SO, WHY DO WE THINK THAT IT SHOULD BE ANY DIFFERENT WITH GOD???

If we allow God to have the final say-so in our lives and in ALL our plans, we would be so pleasantly surprised!!!



Our lives would NOT be a mess!!!  Things would run so much smoother than we ever thought possible!!!


Is. 45:2 (NKJV) I will go before you And make the crooked places straight…


God once allowed me to experience this in real life!!!    


I turned down a road that took me in the wrong direction and it became very rough and bumpy.  It was hard to even drive down this road because it was so rough.  As I continued to try to drive down that road, it bounced me ALL around in my truck.



However, when I finally turned around and went the right direction, the road smoothed out before me and the farther I drove the smoother the road became!!! 


It was a truly amazing experience!!!


The Lord said to me that day that when I refused to listen to HIM and went the wrong way, my life became rough and very difficult to manage, but when I turned toward HIM and traveled in the right direction, HE MADE THAT SAME ROUGH ROAD SMOOTH BEFORE ME!!!

Don't get me wrong!!!  God isn't saying that we will never have any problems when we walk with HIM!!! 


But HE is saying that HE will go before us to make our ways smooth.

There are so many times in The Word that people messed up and did things their own way and expected God to bless them, but there was one that stood out in my mind. 



And that was Abraham and Sarah. 



Sarah decided that she would have children through her Egyptian servant.  She gave Hagar to Abraham to be his wife!!! 


The passage below it tells us of the promise that God made to Abram. 

Genesis 15:4-6  4And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

 5And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

 6And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.




18In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates…


But then instead of waiting on God for that that HE promised, they did it their own way!!!  And they made a mess!!! 


You know, we are still dealing with the mess that they made today!!! 

Genesis 16 (KJV)

 1Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar. 

 2And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai. 

 3And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife. 

 4And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.





 

No comments: