Wednesday, November 16, 2011

We Should Be Wary of Our Words


As I walk with Christ and I listen to those around me, I am often troubled by the words that I hear some of them speak!!! 


Yes, even Christians!!!

 

I've always known that I could pray over what folks said, but I never really knew the right WORDS to pray over the bad things that people said!!! 


When I say pray over, I mean, that when I pray, I ask God NOT to allow the bad things that were spoken over that person to happen to them!!!   I do NOT want to see the bad things that people say to come to pass in my life or in someone else’s life!!!

 

Up until now, I have just always said, I rebuke those words that were spoken, Lord!!!

 

But then I began to hear some of my friends and even some preachers pray something like this, Lord, we cause ALL the bad words spoken over this child to fall to the ground.  We proclaim good things in this child’s life that he might live for you.  He is your child Father and YOU will lead and guide him.  And he will follow YOU!!!


I had even started praying this, but then I began to wonder where this was in the WORD!!!  So, I looked it up and I found it!     

1 Samuel 3:19-20 (KJV)


 19And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground. 

 20And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the LORD.


The people knew that Samuel was the true prophet or Man of God (as they called them) because everything he said happened!!!!  



The words that we speak are so important!!!

Often times, you will hear even Christian folks saying, Sounds like you are catching a cold!!!  Or you must be sick!!! 

Sometimes, I hear them say, I never have enough money!!! OR  Everytime I get some money, something breaks down!!!  

 

Keep saying something over and over and watch; it will come to pass!  The more you say something, the more you hear it, and the more you believe it!!!  Romans 10:17 

And when you begin to believe what you say, then it WILL COME TO PASS.  Mk. 11:24

 

Whether you like it or NOT!!!  It is true!!!

 

Since it is God’s WILL for us to prosper (3 John 1:2) in ALL things, saying things like that is contrary to the WORD OF GOD and to HIS WILL!!!


Our words are so powerful!!!  They have a great influence on folks, sometimes even more than we would ever have thought possible!! 

You can tell folks that they look good and they believe you.  You can watch them smile after you say it!  You can say something mean and ruin a person’s whole day!!

 

If you tell a person long enough, especially a child, that he or she is NO GOOD, then that is what they will become.  Just talk to some of the folks in our jails and prisons today!!!

 

Genesis 1:1-3, 26-27 (KJV) 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.



 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

 

God created the heavens and the earth by speaking them into existence and because we are made in His image, What We Say IS IMPORTANT!!!  Do you see where God says, Let them have dominion in verse 26? 

 

That word, dominion, means to have authority, power or control over.

The words we speak have power, authority and control over our lives and the lives of others.  This is especially true when we begin to walk in-line with God’s WORD!!!



So, we need to be wary, or watchful of the things that we say!!!  We need to guard the words of our mouth and speak ONLY those things that we want to see come to pass!!!


Your words are important!!! Everything you say is important!!!  And everything you say has meaning!!


God is listening!!!  His angels are listening!  All of heaven is hearing you speak.

This is one of the things that the Lord spoke to Jeremiah.  Jeremiah 1:12 (AMP) Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.

 

Psalm 103:20 (KJV)  Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

 

When we speak The WORD, we are saying what God says.  So, when we say the things that God says, OUR WORDS DO NOT FALL TO THE GROUND!!!

 

It is so important for us to learn this!!!  It is so important for us to speak what God says in ALL things, in ALL the areas of our lives-over our children and parents, over our property, over our jobs, over our finances, even over our friends!!! 


I am NOT just talking about when we pray, but in our everyday conversations with others, we need to speak ONLY the things that God says in HIS WORD and ONLY things that line up with HIS WORD. 


That means we are going to have to quit griping and complaining, mumbling and grumbling!!!   We are going to have to quit speaking negative things out of our mouths!!! 

The first thing that we should do before we open our mouths ABOUT ANY SITUATION, IS ASK OURSELVES, WHAT DOES GOD’S WORD SAY ABOUT THIS??? 

 

John 15:7 (CEB) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.


John 15:7 (AMP) If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

 


 


No comments: