Sunday, November 13, 2011

God Provides for His Children!!!

 
I can tell you from personal experience as a child and servant of the MOST HIGH, that my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19 (KJV)


But first, I want to share with you some examples in God’s WORD of how GOD provided for several different needs in the lives of those that are called by HIS NAME!!! 



2 Kings 4:1-7
(CEV)  1One day the widow of one of the LORD's prophets said to Elisha, "You know that before my husband died, he was a follower of yours and a worshiper of the LORD. But he owed a man some money, and now that man is on his way to take my two sons as his slaves." 

2"Maybe there's something I can do to help," Elisha said. "What do you have in your house?"  "Sir, I have nothing but a small bottle of olive oil." 

3Elisha told her, "Ask your neighbors for their empty jars. And after you've borrowed as many as you can,

4go home and shut the door behind you and your sons. Then begin filling the jars with oil and set each one aside as you fill it." 

5The woman left.  Later, when she and her sons were back inside their house, the two sons brought her the jars, and she began filling them. 

6At last, she said to one of her sons, "Bring me another jar." "We don't have any more," he answered, and the oil stopped flowing from the small bottle. 

7After she told Elisha what had happened, he said, "Sell the oil and use part of the money to pay what you owe the man. You and your sons can live on what is left."


2 Kings 6:1-7 (NKJV)  1 And the sons of the prophets said to Elisha, “See now, the place where we dwell with you is too small for us. 2 Please, let us go to the Jordan, and let every man take a beam from there, and let us make there a place where we may dwell.”  So he answered, “Go.”

3
Then one said, “Please consent to go with your servants.”  And he answered, “I will go.” 4 So he went with them. And when they came to the Jordan, they cut down trees.
 
5 But as one was cutting down a tree, the iron ax head fell into the water; and he cried out and said, “Alas, master! For it was borrowed.”

6
So the man of God said, “Where did it fall?” And he showed him the place. So he cut off a stick, and threw it in there; and he made the iron float.
 
7 Therefore he said, “Pick it up for yourself.” So he reached out his hand and took it.



2 Kings 4:38-41 (AMP) 38Elisha came back to Gilgal during a famine in the land. The sons of the prophets were sitting before him, and he said to his servant, Set on the big pot and cook pottage for the sons of the prophets.



39Then one went into the field to gather herbs and gathered from a wild vine his lap full of wild gourds, and returned and cut them up into the pot of pottage, for they were unknown to them.


40So they poured it out for the men to eat. But as they ate of the pottage, they cried out, O man of God, there is death in the pot! And they could not eat it.


41But he said, Bring meal [as a symbol of God's healing power]. And he cast it into the pot and said, Pour it out for the people that they may eat. Then there was no harm in the pot.




I just love hearing about how God makes a way for HIS CHILDREN!!!  Any need you have, WHETHER BIG OR SMALL, God can and will take care of it, if you will bring it to HIM!!! 





I cannot tell you how many times HE has made a way for me!!!  The list is way too long!!!!  But I am going to share with you a few of the more interesting things that HE has done just for me!!!





Earlier this week, I was in bed trying to read a book that the Lord has given me.  It was late and I was tired, but I thought that I would read until I fell asleep. 



But my arms were also tired and I said to myself and the Lord, if only I knew where that cookbook holder was.  (This particular holder is clear and holds the cookbook for you and I knew that if I had it I could put my book in it and just prop it up, so I could read.) 



Then I remember thinking, Oh, Well, there is no telling where that holder is. 


So, I tried to get comfortable and prop my arm up, so I could read. 



I must tell you that I had no intention of getting out of bed or moving!!!  As I was shifting around, I heard a loud thump and I just knew I had knocked a Bible or some other book off my bed, but when I looked, I didn’t see anything!!!   





As I looked around I saw that my dog was wanting to go outside.  Sometimes, she just wants to get out of the house at night and make sure everything is safe outside.  I appreciate that, but I was tired and I actually told her to forget it, that she did not need to go outside.  But she just sat patiently looking at me with her big brown eyes and I had to give in!!!



So, I let her out and she heads for the door.  Here I am walking along behind her, flipping on the lights as I go.  I turn on the hall light and it lights up the kitchen. 



Would you like to guess what was lying in the kitchen floor right ahead of me??? 



Now, I have no idea if God sent an angel to find it or if The Holy Spirit just blew slightly and dislodged it from its hiding place, but there it was!!!  My cookbook holder!!! 





All I could say was, “LOOK AT YA!!!  GOD!!!”





Isn’t God good!!!  Oh my goodness, HE is so awesome and amazing!!!





God does so many wonderful things for me!!!  He is constantly making my crooked places straight!!! 







One time years ago, I was visiting some of my family in Childress.  While everyone was gone, I decided to make spaghetti for supper.  Now, even though I do not make my spaghetti sauce from scratch, it is still pretty good. 



I won’t tell you my secret recipe, but I will tell you that I do season it quite a bit!!!  I don’t just want to eat tomato sauce on my spaghetti!!!



Well, somehow in the process of seasoning my sauce, I poured way too much salt in it!!!  Now I like some things to be a little salty, but this was horrible!!!  When I say that I ruined that sauce I am NOT teasing!!!  It was NOT edible!!!



I had already cooked the meat and then added the sauce, so if I threw it out, I knew that I would have to start ALL over!!! 





And then I remembered that in THE WORD, the prophet of God added meal to the pot and it took the poison out!!!  And as you read, they ate it!!  And no one died or got sick!!!



So, I thought, well, if God can take poison out of a pot of soup or stew, then surely HE can take salt out of my spaghetti!!! 



So, I prayed over the spaghetti sauce and I said, Lord, I know that YOUR WORD tells us that the man of God put meal in the stew and the poison left.  So, I am going to believe that I can take this little bit of pepper and put it in this sauce and I believe by faith that this salt is going to leave!!!



And did it, you must be wondering!  



Well, I served it for supper that night with cheese sticks!!!  It tasted just fine to me and Albert, but Wanda asked for the salt, saying it just didn’t have enough salt in it!!!



I still chuckle when I think about that!!! 



I never told them!  I never really thought about telling them!!!  I was so pleased that God had removed the excess salt and we were able to eat our spaghetti!!!  Albert really liked it, and everyone ate, so I was very happy!!! 

 



Of course, when I got home, I testified about it in church!!! 





And I felt to write about it tonight, so I did. 





God has always been so good to me!!!  I have to believe and stand on HIS WORD!!!  He provides for me daily!!!  And I know that HE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU, TOO!!! 





DO YOU BELIEVE IT?????  YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE!!!  YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH!!!  THAT CRAZY FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





DO YOU WANT TO BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL SUPPLY YOUR NEEDS??? 







God has made provision for those folks who really are trying to get past their doubts and fears!!!   


Just read this and know that God will work for you if you truly want to believe!!!





Mark 9:14-27 (NKJV)


14 And when He came to the disciples, He saw a great multitude around them, and scribes disputing with them. 15 Immediately, when they saw Him, all the people were greatly amazed, and running to Him, greeted Him. 16 And He asked the scribes, “What are you discussing with them?”


17
Then one of the crowd answered and said, “Teacher, I brought You my son, who has a mute spirit. 18 And wherever it seizes him, it throws him down; he foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth, and becomes rigid. So I spoke to Your disciples, that they should cast it out, but they could not.”


19
He answered him and said, “O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him to Me.” 20 Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming at the mouth.


21
So He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?”
And he said, “From childhood. 22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.”


23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”


24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”


25
When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!” 

26 Then the spirit cried out, convulsed him greatly, and came out of him. And he became as one dead, so that many said, “He is dead.”



 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.


No comments: