Friday, November 18, 2011

In God We Trust!!!


This nation was founded on God and for a long time you could find these  words, “IN GOD WE TRUST” on our money!!!


As I speak with folks, I find that so many of them do NOT even seem to know who GOD is.
  For a nation that once knew who God was, this seems very sad to me. 


TRUST!!
  I am NOT sure that most people even know what trust means!!!  It seems that most folks really and truly DO NOT TRUST in anything, except maybe themselves. 



Sometimes God shows me people and lets me hear what they are saying. From what I see and hear, it seems that most people have their trust in some very strange things!!! 



But to me to trust in anything, except GOD is very strange!!!


And then there are those who seem to have no hope at ALL!!!  Of course, they either do NOT really know who JESUS is or they do NOT know HIM at ALL!!!! 


But we can hope and trust in the LORD!!!!


Psalm 42:5, 11 (NKJV)

 5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
   And why are you disquieted within me?
   Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
   For the help of His countenance.


11
Why are you cast down, O my soul?
    And why are you disquieted within me?
    Hope in God;
    For I shall yet praise Him,
    The help of my countenance and my God.




Psalm 42:11 (CEV)

11Why am I discouraged? Why am I restless?
   I trust you! And I will praise you again
   because you help me, and you are my God.




Do you TRUST in God or…

As I spoke with the LORD this morning, this is what HE told me.  TRUST means having complete and utter confidence in _________.  You fill in the blank for yourself!!!!



What do you have your confidence in??? Is your confidence in God???  Or is it in someone or something else???


Or do you only have confidence in yourself???


For me, TRUST means having complete and utter confidence in GOD. 


The more I trust in the LORD, the more I see that I can indeed rely on HIM!!!


Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

 

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
  And lean not on your own understanding; 

6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
  And He shall direct your paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6 (AMP)

 5Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.


6In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.


 
Before I truly came to know Christ as MY ALL in ALL; MY EVERYTHING, I placed my trust in my dad. 


My dad is a wonderful man!!!  But my dad cannot go with me everywhere or be everywhere I go.  He cannot go ahead of me or prepare a way for me!!!!  

Of course, I never thought that HE WAS GOD, but I always knew that no matter where I was or where I went and no matter what I did, he would always love me!!!


And that was a good foundation for my TRUST in CHRIST!!! 
I
t is easy to trust GOD as YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER, when you have a good daddy!!!


MY GOD CAN GO BEFORE ME AND MAKE A WAY WHERE THERE SEEMETH NO WAY!!!  HE EVEN MAKES MY CROOKED PLACES STRAIGHT!!!


Isaiah 45:2 (KJV) I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:


Isaiah 45:2 (TNIV) I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.   

No comments: