Friday, June 17, 2016

DEAR LORD, HELP ME TO KEEP MY BIG MOUTH SHUT!!!




Many, many years ago, (when we were in high school) a very good friend of mine gave me a ceramic plaque
that said,  DEAR LORD, HELP ME TO KEEP MY BIG MOUTH SHUT.


Even back then, I could talk a mile a minute!!! 


Over the years, I’ve learned that it is better to be slow to speak, and quick to listen!!! 


James 1:19 (AMP) Understand this, my beloved brothers and sisters. Let everyone be quick to hear [be a careful, thoughtful listener], slow to speak [a speaker of carefully chosen words…]


We should always be careful about the things that we say!!!  And we should use wisdom. 


But sometimes,
it takes GOD to help us control our mouths!!! 

If we ask GOD to help us, HE WILL!!!  WE ONLY HAVE TO ASK.


Psalm 141:3 (KJV) Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.


Psalm 141:3 (NCV) Lord, help me control my tongue; help me be careful about what I say.


GOD helped me learn to talk more about HIM more and less about myself.


Is it a sin to talk about yourself? 


No!!! Abolutely NOT!!!


GOD allows me to share my experiences with others, in order to help them.


Sometimes, GOD tells me to share something that I would rather NOT have everyone know, but I know that when HE tells me to share my experience, it is because HE knows that it will help someone.  And that makes it worth sharing!!!  


So, when GOD tells you to share something with someone, you do it in FAITH, believing that GOD will use your words to help that person. 


ALWAYS BE OBEDIENT!!!  ALWAYS DO WHAT THE FATHER TELLS YOU TO DO!!!


We ALL need to be lead by our Heavenly Father. If we depend on HIM, HE will work everything out for us!!! 


GOD takes the things that have been our weaknesses, and HE turns them into our strengths.  GOD takes our abilities, and HE uses them for HIS purpose, and for our good!!!


GOD has taken my love of talking, and HE has called me to preach HIS WORD!!!  God uses our natural abilities to minister to others. 


I never understood why I had such a concern for hurting people and why I always felt the need to help them. 


Then I found out that this concern comes from GOD and that it is part of my calling.  It is part of what GOD has given me and it is a concern that I need because of what GOD has called me to do. 


GOD equips those that HE CALLS!!! 


Hebrews 13:20-21 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

21 May this God of peace prepare you to do every good thing he wants. May he work in us through Jesus Christ to do what is pleasing to him. Glory belongs to Jesus Christ forever. Amen.


GOD gives you everything you need, to do what HE has CALLED you to do!!!  


Hebrews 13:20-21 (CEB)

20  May the God of peace, who brought back the great
    shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, from the dead
    by the blood of the eternal covenant,

21  equip you with every good thing to do his will, by
    developing in us what pleases him through Jesus
    Christ.  To him be the glory forever and always.
    Amen.


 




No comments: