Saturday, June 18, 2016

That TALKATIVE SPIRIT!!!


Have you ever heard of a
Talkative Spirit?


I didn’t know anything about this spirit until a couple of years ago, when it began to torment me. 


I didn’t even understand exactly what was happening to me until GOD began to talk to me.
 


You see, I have always loved to talk, and there is nothing wrong with talking.  That is as long as you are talking about the right things!!! 


What I am saying is that it is unwise to constantly be running your mouth and telling all your business to everyone around you. 


If you are constantly telling everyone your business, folks will laugh at you and make fun of you, because you talk too much.  They’ll say, that person just doesn’t know when to shut up.


You know, it hurts to realize that folks are making fun of you and laughing at you.  It hurts to realize that you can’t seem to keep your mouth closed!!!  And it’s embarrassing!!!


God gives us wisdom, but HE also reveals the truth to us!!!


Proverbs 2:6 (KJV) For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.


A couple of years ago, my talking got way out of control!!!  And I began to feel like a fool, because I just couldn’t seem to keep my mouth closed. 


I would hear myself telling all my business, and I couldn’t seem to stop, even though I knew that folks were laughing at me.  


I would hear myself saying things that I never intended to tell anyone and I would be mortified and embarrassed!!! 


I got desperate and I cried out to GOD!!!  That was the smartest thing I ever did!!!


I asked HIM, “
GOD, why can’t I keep my mouth closed?”  “Why does this keep happening to me?”  And I asked HIM to help me!!! 


That is when GOD said to me,
“You have a TALKATIVE SPIRIT.” 


HE told me,
that Spirit is driving you to tell everything you know.  And because it is driving you to talk, you hear yourself telling all your business.


I asked GOD what I was supposed to do about it, and
HE told me to tell that Talkative Spirit to shut its mouth!!! 


So, I did.  And it did!!!


I told that thing (that spirit) to shut up in the name of Jesus and it obeyed, because it didn’t have a choice!!! 


When that spirit shut its mouth, the urge to tell everything I knew stopped!!!  


I could feel the PEACE of GOD, because that spirit was no longer in control of me and it no longer had the power to drive me to talk!!!


What a relief!!! 


I had obeyed GOD and had taken authority over it, as GOD instructed me. 


Luke 10:19 (AMP) Listen carefully: I have given you authority [that you now possess] to tread on serpents and scorpions, and [the ability to exercise authority] over all the power of the enemy (Satan); and nothing will [in any way] harm you.


I was so thrilled to find that with GOD’s help, I could control my mouth and most of all, I could keep from telling all my business!!!


Perhaps, you know someone who has this same problem!!


They are probably like me.  They have probably always talked a mile a minute!!!  And for the most part, they enjoy talking.  


When you hear someone telling all of his or her business,
PLEASE PRAY and ask GOD to help that person!!!  You can ask GOD to give them wisdom.


James 5:16 (NCV) …When a believing person prays, great things happen.


But unless GOD tells you to go talk to them about it, don’t waste your breath!!! 


First of ALL,
it takes GOD to bring understanding in some areas, and this is one of those.    


Job 32:8 (AMP) …the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding.

Secondly, the last thing you want to do is to go to a person and tell them that they have a Spirit, of any kind!!!  That is, unless GOD sends you to minister to that person. 


And even then, you better be very sure that it is GOD telling you to go to that person.  Because if HE isn’t, you are wasting your time and your breath!  And NOT ONLY that, you are out of GOD’s WILL!


Believe me!!!  I’ve been down this road!!! 


I tried to help out a friend of mine by telling her what GOD showed me and she looked at me like I was NUTS!!! 


She wouldn’t listen to me, and she was telling everyone her business all the time.  I could see the problems that she was creating for herself, because she just couldn’t shut up.


I am NOT saying that everyone who runs off at the mouth has a Talkative Spirit. 


Some folks are simply unwise and they don’t know when to shut up!!! 


Some folks just think that this is the way they are and this is the way they will always be!!! 


These folks don’t realize that they need help.


When we see someone that needs help, we should help them if we can. 


But most of all, we should pray for them. 


It NEVER hurts to pray for folks, as long as, you are praying THE WORD!!!


GOD’s WORD tells us that we are to pray for others.  His WORD says that the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.  That means that we have great power when we pray and others profit from our prayers!!! 


Through prayer we have the ability to help other people and change their lives, as well as our own!!! 


James 5:16 (NKJV) …The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

 

No comments: