Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Did You Know That Jesus Had The Holy Ghost?




How do we know this?

 

John foretold of the coming of the Christ.  HE told those that came to him to be baptized that one was coming who would baptize them with THE HOLY GHOST and FIRE!!!



Matthew 3:11 (NKJV)

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.


Jesus went to John to be baptized.  And after HE was baptized, the HOLY GHOST descended upon HIM!!!


Matthew 3:13-17 (AMP)

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan [River], to be baptized by him.

14 But John tried to prevent Him [vigorously protesting], saying, “It is I who need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?”

15 But Jesus replied to him, “Permit it just now; for this is the fitting way for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John permitted [it and baptized] Him.

16 After Jesus was baptized, He came up immediately out of the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he (John) saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him (Jesus),

17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased and delighted!”




Luke gives a very similar account of this event.



Luke 3:21-22 (KJV)

21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.



 
Before this time, the Holy Ghost would come upon person, and when GOD had finished using that person The Spirit would leave or lift up off of them!!!


However, the HOLY GHOST never left JESUS!!!


John 1:32-34 (NKJV)

32 And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.

33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’

34 And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”

 

No comments: