Thursday, June 16, 2016

OUR WORDS CAN HURT OTHERS!!!



When I was younger, I could talk a blue streak!!! 


And while I still love to talk, I can say that most of the time, nowadays, I am more careful about what I say. 


The best advice that I can give to anyone, is to pray before you speak!!! 


Pray and ask GOD what you should say, before you talk to anyone, even your friends!!! 


We should know by now that
OUR WORDS CAN HURT OTHERS!!! 


GOD warns us about our tongue in James.


James 3:5-8 (KJV)

Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.



Even when we mean well, and even if we have the best of intentions and we are trying to help someone out, OUR WORDS CAN HURT OTHER PEOPLE!!! 


So, before we speak, we should always ask, GOD, SHOULD I SAY THIS?


Psalm 141:3 (AMP) Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips [to keep me from speaking thoughtlessly].


Just because a thought comes into my head, doesn’t mean it needs to come out of my mouth!!! 


Psalm 141:3 (NCV) Lord, help me control my tongue; help me be careful about what I say.


GOD TOLD ME THAT IT JUST ISN’T NECESSARY TO SAY SOME THINGS!!!

No comments: