Wednesday, June 1, 2016

GOD KNOWS AND UNDERSTANDS!!!



Did you know that there is someone that knows and understands what you are going through? 


You don’t even have to say a word!!!


HE is touched with the feeling of our infirmities!!!
 


Hebrews 4:15 (KJV) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.



Infirmities? 


Infirmities means: want of strength, weakness, illness, suffering, calamity, frailty.  http://biblehub.com/greek/769.htm


In a lot of cases, infirmities is talking about illnesses or sicknesses. 


However, there are many folks who don’t suffer from health problems or illnesses, so we can’t use those words to explain this verse. 


Unfortunately, every person has suffered in some way or another.  Therefore, I am going to use the word, “suffering” to explain this scripture.


This verse is saying, “JESUS, who sacrificed HIS LIFE for us, understands and knows what we are going through.  HE has suffered the same things, that we are suffering!!!  HE’s had the same feelings, that we have had!!!  And HE understands!!!  BUT no matter what HE went through, HE did NOT sin!!!” 



To use an example:  If my vehicle (the ONLY one I have) breaks down or quits working, I have no transportation!!!  That for me is a problem!!!  It causes me to suffer!!!       


Maybe for you, it is your washing machine that breaks down.  Or maybe you have gotten sick.  Or even worse, maybe your child is sick, and you can’t do anything to help him or her!!!


If you have ever gone through a hard time or had a problem, then you know what I mean when I say, “suffered.”


Jesus sees what is happening in my life!!!  HE sees what is happening in your life, too!!!  And HE understands!!!  He actually knows how you feel. 



I don’t know about you, but knowing that means a lot to me!!!


And what’s more, HE wants to help each and every one of us!!! 


But sometimes, we tie GOD’s HANDS, because we want to do things our own way!!!


The truth is that WE DON’T TRUST HIM TO FIX THINGS THE WAY WE WANT THEM FIXED!!! 


And because we don’t trust HIM to do it our way, we don’t allow HIM to work things out for us!!! 


We don’t want to depend on HIM to fix things for us!!! 


We want to do things our own way!!! 


That exactly what I used to do!!! 


On occasion, I forget and try to do things my own way!!!  And it NEVER works out!!!  I just mess things up!!!


So, I am going to tell you 2 things that I learned along the way!!! 


#1  -  GOD IS MUCH BETTER AT FIXING THINGS THAN YOU WILL EVER BE!!!!  


#2  - 
YOUR WAY ISN’T WORKING!!!


Let me be blunt!!! 


If doing things your way was working, your life wouldn’t be in such a mess!!!


You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results!!!



It just doesn’t work!!!


What works is giving everything to GOD, knowing HE fully understands how important all this is to you, and TRUSTING HIM TO DO HIS VERY BEST FOR YOU!!!

No comments: