Sunday, January 1, 2012

I WANT GOD TO LEVEL MY MOUNTAINS!!!

 
I DO NOT make New Year’s Resolutions!!! 



But I have made some decisions that I am determined to uphold so that my life and my days to come may truly be fulfilling and bright!!!  





My goal, NOT just for the New Year, but for the rest of my life is to be completely obedient to the Lord!!!  Yes, I said COMPLETELY!!!  You know like ALWAYS!!!  EVERY TIME!!! 





To me, complete obedience means that I WANT TO HEAR AND DO EVERY THING GOD TELLS ME, EVERY TIME HE TELLS ME!!!



As I write this, the words of Ecclesiastes 3:1 come to mind: To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.

 



I do NOT want to just obey GOD in the big things (the hard tasks), but in ALL things.  That means in the little things, the small little details or tasks that might NOT seem to be important. 


So, even though the little small details may NOT seem to be really important, I can assure you that they are.
  In THE WORD it says that the little foxes spoil the vine.  Song of Solomon 2:15.



Since God knows everything that has happened, is happening, and what will happen in the future, HE is the Perfect Planner; the Perfect Helper; the Perfect Guide for every one of us!!! 


John 14:26 (AMP) But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.



1 John 2:27 (NKJV) But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

 


Why does it mean so much to me to be completely obedient???  It is very simple!!!  I want HIS HELP in everything!!!

 



I already know that when I listen and obey HE makes my life easier!!!  He shows me how to do things the simple way and the easiest way!!!  


Isaiah 45:2 (AMP) I will go before you and level the mountains [to make the crooked places straight]; I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut asunder the bars of iron.

 

Isaiah 26:7 (CEV) Our LORD, you always do right, and you make the path smooth for those who obey you.

   

I don’t know about anyone else, but I need GOD’S HELP EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!  



And I like the idea of HIM going before me and leveling the mountains (that means GOD knocks them down flat) and making my crooked places straight!!!  


I want HIM to make my paths smooth!!! 



I was telling THE LORD earlier that I didn’t understand why folks would rather seek advice from a palm reader, or a psychic, or anyone else for that matter instead of seeking GOD!!!!  


After ALL, GOD knows everything!!!  He knows our past, our present, and our future!!!



I can tell you exactly why people will look for any thing else, as long as it isn’t THE LORD, GOD ALMIGHTY!!! 


NO ONE WANTS ANYONE ELSE TELLING THEM WHAT TO DO!!!
 




And they know that if they seek the LORD, then God will expect them to be obedient!!!  



And I think that inside of ALL of us, we know that WE NEED TO BE OBEDIENT TO GOD!!!  After all, we were made in HIS IMAGE; IN HIS LIKENESS!!!  Gen. 1:27, Gen. 5:1



By now, you already know that King David is one of my favorite men of THE BIBLE. 


As we look at David’s life we can see how God went before David and made his ways straight.  ALL throughout his life, David sought the LORD and for the most part was obedient to God.  GOD cleared the way for David to be king as HE had promised. 



You have read what happened to Saul, but here is what God’s Word says happened to Saul!!!! 


1 Chronicles 10:13-14 (NKJV)

13 So Saul died for his unfaithfulness which he had committed against the LORD, because he did not keep the word of the LORD, and also because he consulted a medium for guidance.

14 But he did not inquire of the LORD; therefore He killed him, and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.

No comments: