Sunday, January 22, 2012

Who do I lean on when there's no foundation stable?




You know, I was just rereading the words to the song, I Go To The Rock!!!  And one line in particular caught my attention. 




Who do I lean on when there's no foundation stable?




I go to the Rock.
I know He's able.
I go to the Rock.

I go to the Rock of my Salvation.
I go to the Stone that the builders rejected.
I run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me.

When the earth all around me is sinking sand
On Christ, that solid rock I stand.





If we were comparing natural foundations for a building, some folks would say that a cement foundation is the best, but if you don’t water cement it cracks and breaks apart.




And almost anyone would tell you NOT to build on sand because it will shift and move, and yes, it will even sink. 



Both of these are types of natural foundations for natural buildings.



So, why is it important to have a good foundation??? 



Your foundation is your stability.  It is the basis or the frame work for everything that you intend to build.  It is the support system that is going to hold up whatever you are building!!!!





JESUS IS OUR FOUNDATION!!!  JESUS, IS THE SOLID ROCK THAT WE BUILD OUR LIVES ON!!! 





1 Corinthians 3:11 (NCV) The foundation that has already been laid is Jesus Christ, and no one can lay down any other foundation.



The Contemporary English Bible states it simply,
“…Christ is the only foundation.”  1 Cor. 3:11

 


CHRIST IS THE ONLY FOUNDATION THAT WILL REMAIN SOLID LIKE THE ROCK, UNMOVABLE, AND UNSHAKABLE!!!  YOU CAN BUILD YOUR LIFE ON JESUS AND YOU CAN EXPECT HIM TO REMAIN THE SAME WHETHER THE STORMS COME OR GO!!!    




CHRIST WON’T SHIFT LIKE THE SANDS OR CRACK LIKE CEMENT.  HE WON’T ROT OR BURN UP LIKE WOOD.



CHRIST WILL WITHSTAND THE TEST OF TIME!!!  HE WILL BE THERE IN THE END!!!  



Matthew 7:24-27 (NCV)

24 "Everyone who hears my words and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house on rock.

25 It rained hard, the floods came, and the winds blew and hit that house. But it did not fall, because it was built on rock.

26 Everyone who hears my words and does not obey them is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.

27 It rained hard, the floods came, and the winds blew and hit that house, and it fell with a big crash." 




WHAT FOUNDATION ARE YOU BUILDING YOUR LIFE ON?? 




WHAT FOUNDATION ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR CHILDREN TO BUILD THEIR LIVES ON???

No comments: