Thursday, January 12, 2012

Come Let Us Reason Together!!!

  

Jan. 11, 2012



I DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I CAN NOT STAND TO BE AROUND FOLKS WHO ARGUE!!!
  That sort of thing gets on my nerves worse than anything else that I can think of right now!!!



Hearing folks arguing makes me want to run in the opposite direction!!  Or stand up and shout, “Just shut up already, will ya!!!”  Of course, since I don’t want to get slapped, I just walk away shaking my head!!!



I wonder if some folks have ever heard of “Agreeing to disagree.”



What does it mean???  It means that 2 people can have different opinions and still get along!!! 



It means that it is okay for both you and me to see something in a different way!!!  It means that I can have my own opinion!!!  And it can be different from someone else’s opinion!!!  We do NOT have to agree!!!  But we choose to get along anyway!!!  We choose NOT to argue or fuss!!!



You know, sometimes folks disagree about the scriptures.  And, YES!!!!  I am saying that it is okay to disagree about THE WORD OF GOD!!! 



You can disagree PLEASANTLY, all day long about THE WORD OF GOD!!!  We can discuss what THE WORD says and we can do it peacefully and pleasantly!!!  We do NOT have to argue!!! 



And further more, I WILL NOT ARGUE WITH ANYONE ABOUT THE WORD OF GOD!!!




I’ll tell you the truth.  If you are arguing and fussing over what GOD’s WORD says or means with others, God is NOT pleased with you!!! 


 

The Bible says for us NOT to argue, dispute or debate HIS WORD!!! 

 


2 Timothy 2:14-16 (CEV)

14Don't let anyone forget these things. And with God as your witness, you must warn them not to argue about words. These arguments don't help anyone. In fact, they ruin everyone who listens to them.

15Do your best to win God's approval as a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed and who teaches only the true message.

16Keep away from worthless and useless talk. It only leads people farther away from God.




This is what Jesus, Himself said.  Isaiah 1:18 (NKJV) “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD…

 

The CEV puts it like this!!!  Isaiah 1:18 (CEV) I, the LORD, invite you to come and talk it over.

 

 


THE WORD also says,
Romans 14:1 (CEV) Welcome all the Lord's followers, even those whose faith is weak. Don't criticize them for having beliefs that are different from yours.

 

 


THE WORD says NOT to argue the meaning of THE SCRIPTURES and even if it didn’t, this is what Jesus told His disciples!!! 

 


John 13:34-35 (NKJV)

 

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 

35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”


No comments: