Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Run to the Mountain and the Mountain Stands by Me!!!!



For about 2 weeks now, all week long, day after day, this song has just stayed with me!!!  These words keep running through my head!!!




Especially this part, I RUN TO THE MOUNTAIN AND THE MOUNTAIN STANDS BY ME!!!   




I just keep finding myself singing it!!!  It is truly a beautiful song and it is really true!!!  So, I just had to write about it one more time!!!   




I can to tell you from personal experience, that the MOUNTAIN - THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY - HAS ALWAYS STOOD BY ME!!!




He has never left me nor forsaken me!!!  HE has always been there for me!!!  No matter what was going on, GOD HAS ALWAYS STOOD BY ME!!!



When it seemed at times like the earth ALL around me was indeed sinking sand, I KNEW WHO TO HOLD ON TO AND WHO TO DEPEND ON!!!  ON CHRIST THAT SOLID ROCK I STAND!!!




When I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go to the ROCK!!!  I know that I can always count on HIM!!!



Psalm 18:1-2 (CEV)

 

1 I love you, LORD God, and you make me strong.

2 You are my mighty rock, my fortress, my protector, the rock where I am safe, my shield, my powerful weapon, and my place of shelter.

   


HE’S THE ROCK OF MY SALVATION.  HE’S THE STONE THAT THE BUILDERS REJECTED. 



Exodus 15:2
(AMP) The Lord is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him.




HE’S MY CORNERSTONE!!! HE’S MY FOUNDATION!!!



Psalm 144:1-2 (CEV)

1 I praise you, LORD! You are my mighty rock, and you teach me how to fight my battles. 

2 You are my friend, and you are my fortress where I am safe. You are my shield, and you made me the ruler of our people.   


 

(This Psalm was written by David, but it applies to us today!!!  God will teach us how to fight our battles!!! )



Psalm 144:2 (TNIV)

2
He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge…





I KNOW THAT GOD IS ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF ME!!!  NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!!!  I KNOW HE IS ABLE!!! 

   



Here's the part of "I Go To The Rock," that I have been hearing in my head for the last 2 weeks.


I go to the Rock of my Salvation.
I go to the Stone that the builders rejected.
I run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me.

When the earth all around is sinking sand
On Christ, that solid rock I stand.

When I need a shelter, When I need a friend,
I go to the Rock.



No comments: