Saturday, January 28, 2012

PEACE BE STILL!!!

 

Mark 4:35-39 (NCV)


35 That evening, Jesus said to his followers, "Let's go across the lake."

36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him in the boat just as he was. There were also other boats with them.

37 A very strong wind came up on the lake. The waves came over the sides and into the boat so that it was already full of water.

38 Jesus was at the back of the boat, sleeping with his head on a cushion. His followers woke him and said, "Teacher, don't you care that we are drowning!"

39 Jesus stood up and commanded the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind stopped, and it became completely calm.





I really like what verse 39 says in both the King James and New King James.


Mark 4:39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.   




You know, we too have the power to speak to the storm and it must obey us, just as it obeyed Jesus!!!




John 14:12 (CEB) I assure you that whoever believes in me will do the works that I do. They will do even greater works than these because I am going to the Father.





NOT ONLY can we command the winds to stop blowing and rebuke the storm like Jesus did in the boat, we can speak PEACE to ALL the situations in our life!!!  And in other’s lives!!! 




Sometimes when I go to the store, I will hear folks fussing and I will speak, “Peace over that situation” and they will lower their voices and begin to speak calmly to each other.




Even recently when I heard a man cussing near me, I commanded that cussing spirit to shut its mouth and he walked away.  When I saw him again, he was much calmer!!!





We can even speak PEACE to our surroundings!!! 



Sometimes at night when ALL the dogs are barking and ALL the cats are howling, I begin to speak, “PEACE!!!”  And before you know it, the whole neighborhood gets quiet!!!





We speak PEACE in the POWER and the AUTHORITY that is given us by the HOLY GHOST/HOLY SPIRIT and when we speak, we speak in JESUS’ NAME!!!




John 14:26-27 (KJV)


26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.




When Jesus left this earth to go back to the Father, HE did NOT leave us powerless!!! 


Before HE left, HE commanded HIS disciples to wait for the Holy Spirit to come, so that they would have power. 
He told them that after receiving this POWER, they were to go into ALL THE WORLD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL!!! 




Luke 24:44-49 (KJV)

44And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48And ye are witnesses of these things.

49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.



In the New King James it says, 49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.” Luke 24:49


No comments: