Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Is God Trying to Get Your Attention???


God woke me up this morning, but I did NOT want to get up.  Sometimes God will let me stay in bed for a while.  And at other times, like this morning, HE lets me know that I need to get up and get going.  


So, here is what happened!!!  After taking the pups outside, I got back in the bed.  I made a few phone calls (while I was still in the bed.)  And then I dozed off with my cell phone on the pillow beside me.  



I wasn’t worried about anyone calling me because I had it on Silent.  I had even double checked it to make sure the vibrate setting was NOT turned on.  I rarely double check the settings, but I felt to do so this morning!


In just a few minutes, I was snoozing away!!!  I had probably been asleep for about 30 minutes when something near my head vibrated!!!  I NOT only felt it, but I heard it, as well.  


I thought, "What??  Why did my phone vibrate like that?"  I checked my phone.  No one had called and no one had sent me a text.  


I knew it was God!!!  I knew that HE wanted me to get up and get started!!!


Only as I was telling you this, did I remember that I had double checked it before deciding to snooze for a few more minutes.  So, I knew that it did NOT vibrate by itself!!!


I already knew that God wasn’t going to let me stay in bed and laze around today!  And that vibration confirmed it!!!  I knew that God was telling me to get up.  So, I did.  



This is NOT the first time something strangely interesting has happened to me.  I say, “strangely interesting” because it was definitely a GOD-thing!!!  



Only God can make your phone vibrate when no one is calling!!!  Only God can make it sound like the doorbell is ringing or like someone is knocking on your door, and no one be there!!!  



And ONLY GOD CAN CALL YOUR NAME IN AN EMPTY ROOM!!!  
 


One morning several years ago, I heard GOD call my name.  I heard a man’s voice quietly calling my name and it woke me.  I am NOT sure if THE LORD called my name twice or 3 times, but I heard HIM!!   



When I looked around to see who was calling my name, I realized that no one was in my room with me except God. 


Hearing my name and realizing that God was calling me was new to me.  I had never heard HIM call my name out loud before.  I only wish that I had known to say, “Yes, Lord, I am here.”



In 1st Samuel 3, when Eli figures out that God is calling Samuel, he tells Samuel to say, Speak Lord, I am listening.  It is after Samuel says this that the Lord speaks to him.  



I wish that I had known that the Lord would call your name and speak out loud to you.  Truthfully, except in the scriptures, I had never heard of God talking to anyone “out loud.”




I was sleep when the Lord first spoke to me and when I realized it was HIM, I was so amazed that the Lord had been calling my name out loud that I did NOT even ask HIM why or say, Yes, Lord or anything.   



I wish that I had!!!  He has spoken to me many times since then, but NOT out loud!!!



I try to make sure that I listen when God speaks to me.  I know that anything that God has to tell me is important!!!




I wonder how many people have strangely interesting things happen to them and I wonder if they realize that God is trying to get their attention???




IS GOD CALLING YOU???




IS GOD TRYING TO GET YOUR ATTENTION???




Are you trying to tell yourself that God isn’t calling you?  Are you trying to act like you don’t know that it is HIM???   




And the biggest question of ALL is: 



WHAT DOES GOD HAVE TO DO TO GET YOUR ATTENTION???





GOD WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION!!!  Why NOT answer HIM now???


  

No comments: