Thursday, January 12, 2012

Jesus Laid Down His Life; No Man Could Take It!!!



Do you know that Jesus chose to come to earth as a man, knowing that HE would be crucified on the cross for our sins???

 



Do you know THAT NO MAN COULD TAKE HIS LIFE FROM HIM??? 


 


Do you know that HE WILLINGLY LAID DOWN HIS LIFE FOR US???  TO SAVE US (EVERY ONE OF US) FROM OUR SINS!!! 


 


When the Roman soldiers came for JESUS in the garden, one of the disciples (Peter) drew his sword to defend Jesus, and cut off the ear of the servant of the high priest.




Matthew 26:50-53 (NCV)

50 Jesus answered, "Friend, do what you came to do."  Then the people came and grabbed Jesus and arrested him.


51 When that happened, one of Jesus' followers reached for his sword and pulled it out. He struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his ear.

52 Jesus said to the man, "Put your sword back in its place. All who use swords will be killed with swords.

53
Surely you know I could ask my Father, and he would give me more than twelve armies of angels.





In verse 53 of Matthew 26, the Amplified Bible says, Do you suppose that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will immediately provide Me with more than twelve legions [more than 80,000] of angels?

 


John also writes about this event. 


John 18:10 (AMP) Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.


 



JESUS, HIMSELF, had already spoken of HIS death many times and HIS WORDS are recorded in several passages in The Bible. 


John 10:11, 14-15, 17-18 (NKJV)


11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.


14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.

15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.


17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.

18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”




In John 10:18, The New Century Version says, No one takes it away from me; I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to take it back. This is what my Father commanded me to do."





In each of the 4 gospels, we find that the writers have recorded Jesus’ death on the cross!!! 

Matthew 27:50
And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.


Mark 15:37 With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.


John 19:30 (NKJV) So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.





However, none of the other 3 Gospels record Jesus’ death in such detail as The Gospel of Luke.


Luke 23:44-45 (NCV)
44 It was about noon, and the whole land became dark until three o'clock in the afternoon,

45 because the sun did not shine. The curtain in the Temple was torn in two.


Luke 23:46 (KJV) And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

 

Luke 23:47 (NKJV) So when the centurion saw what had happened, he glorified God, saying, “Certainly this was a righteous Man!”

No comments: