Friday, January 20, 2012

WHO DO I RUN TO…


If every daddy and momma gave their child to the LORD, and asked for HIS complete guidance in raising that child, I KNOW THAT THERE WOULD BE SUCH A DIFFERENCE IN OUR WORLD TODAY!!!



Do we NOT realize that we are raising The FUTURE LEADERS OF THE WORLD???  We are raising the very people that are supposed to take over for ALL of us one day, and I will be very honest that scares me!!!  It really scares me to see these young people walking around today!!!  And to know that one day our world will be in their hands!!!




I don’t mean to be crude, but they can’t even pull up their own pants!!!  It’s a joke nowadays, how these kids dress!!! 




I would NOT hire someone if they walked into my office with their pants hanging down past their rear end!!!  It makes me want to put out a sign that says, “Here is our dress code!!!  If you want to work here, then follow the dress code!!!  If NOT, then don’t bother to apply!!!” 




And then the ones that do pull their pants up, come in and they have tattoos and piercing ALL over their faces!!  Not to mention elsewhere.  And some of them have those huge rings in their ears.  The ones that make huge holes in their ears!!!  I don’t despise tattoos, but some of this is just too much!!!   


I have no intention of even thinking about working next to someone who has ALL kinds of metal hanging out of their mouths and nose, let alone their ears!!
  And I might as well fuss about the crazy hair color that ALL the kids are wearing!!!




And what is really sad it that the ones that seem to dress normal are so full of hate and they are so opinionated that they do NOT seem to know when to keep their mouths shut.  I see young folks just ranting and raving.  They walk down the street and they are either talking a lot of trash or their words are so vile and disgusting that you want to stop them and say, I know you are NOT using that language walking down my street!!!  And believe me, I am tempted!!!




Now don’t get me wrong!!!  Every once in a while, I meet a real nice young man or young woman.  And they will be very polite and helpful, but kids and young adults like these seem to be far and few in between!!!



I may seem to be out of date, but my parents raised us to dress properly, and to respect others!!!  To treat others with respect!!!  We need to go back to teaching our children to dress properly and treat themselves with respect, as well as others!!!  We need to teach them to respect their elders!!! 





And since when is it okay to allow your child to rule the roost and tell you and everyone else what to do???  That is NOT RESPECT!!!





Well, just in case you don’t know it!!!  IT HAS NEVER BEEN OKAY TO ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO BE THE BOSS IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD AND TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!!!




And it has NEVER been okay to be your child’s best buddy instead of his or her parent!!! 



PARENTS!!!  YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BOSS!!!!  You are supposed to be the one WHO is charge and the one WHO is making the decisions!!!



 And I don’t mean that you are supposed to abuse them or mistreat them, but if you have a PRINCE or a PRINCESS in your home right now, then it is time to dethrone that child!!!






Here’s the key!!!  HIS NAME IS GOD!!!  If you teach your child about GOD; if you teach him or her to know GOD, then they will know that they have SOMEONE to run to when life gets tough!!!  When it seems that ALL hell is breaking loose, they will know WHO to turn to. 




If we would give each child to the Lord when they were first born and ask The Lord to lead us in raising them, and do what HE tells us to do, oh my what a difference we would see in our society!!!



We wouldn’t wonder about or fear what would happen to our world!!  There would be no need!!!



You see, I know that having GOD in their lives would make such a difference!!!  I know that having someone to run to when things seem impossible would be ALL that many of them need!!!   




This is what Jesus said when HE was getting ready to depart from this earth!!! 


John 14:16 (AMP) And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever--

 


This is exactly what our kids need!!!  They need a Counselor; a Helper; SOMEONE to standby them; SOMEONE to comfort and help them;  SOMEONE to give them strength!!!

  

No child is too young to get to know Jesus!!!  Just think, as grown folks if we need Jesus, then how much more our children need HIM!!!  How much more do they need to learn to depend on HIM??? 



Jesus is our strength!!!  He is our refuge; our safe place. 



Proverbs 18:10 (CEB) The LORD’s name is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and find refuge.


Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.




Here is that same verse in the Amplified!!!


Philippians 4:13 (AMP)  I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

 

 









No comments: