Wednesday, February 1, 2012

YOU CAN CHOOSE NOT TO WORRY!!!



Philippians 4:6 (NKJV) Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.



One time, several years ago when I was first really beginning to study my Bible and understand the scriptures, I looked up the word, supplication, so that I could better understand this verse.


Here is what I found. 


On www.thefreedictionary.com it says that supplication is (an) earnest prayer or entreaty. Then it lists these words as some of the synonyms for supplication: prayer, request, petition.



I found the same thing ALL those years ago, when I had looked up the word supplication in just a plain old dictionary.  And it said that supplication was prayer!!!




In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, it says this.  “Supplication (also known as petitioning) is the most common form of prayer…”



So, as I read Phil 4:6 (KJV) ALL those many years ago, I remember thinking that it was telling us to pray, not once, but twice!!!




Here is what I thought it said in Phil. 4:6 (KJV) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and prayer, with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

 

 

I have thought about this on occasion for years, but I really just left it alone!!!  I guess that I thought, OH, Well, Someday!!

 

 

I have even read the Amplified Version. 



Philippians 4:6 (AMP) Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.



However, I prefer the NKJV.  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  Phil 4:6


I have read this verse often, but the question has always remained inside my mind, Why does this scripture say prayer and supplication when supplication means prayer???




I mean really!!!  That is like saying pray and pray some more!!!




And then today, as I was talking to a friend of mine about a situation that I needed prayer for it, hit me!!!  That is exactly what it means!!! 



Let me break this scripture down for you!!! 





First of all, most of us know that when we take something to God in prayer we are supposed to leave it there!!!  On the altar or at HIS feet, or whatever you have been taught!!! 





The truth is we take our prayers to GOD and we leave our concerns and heartaches with HIM!!!  We tell the devil that we have given them to God and we refuse to worry about them any more!!!



AND, YES!!!  YOU CAN CHOOSE NOT TO WORRY!!!!  WORRYING IS A CHOICE!!!  YOU EITHER CHOOSE TO WORRY OR YOU CHOOSE NOT TO WORRY!!! 



YOU CAN CHOOSE TO SPEAK IN FAITH ABOUT EACH AND EVERY SITUATION AND CIRCUMSTANCE!!!





Phil. 4:6 (Kathy’s Version) Do not fret, worry, be anxious or scared about any circumstance or situation.  Earnestly seek God’s Will in prayer for every situation and in every circumstance!!!  Tell God exactly what you want and need to happen!!!  YOU HAVE TO KEEP PRAYING AND CRYING OUT TO GOD UNTIL YOU CAN LEAVE ALL YOUR WORRIES WITH GOD!!!  THANK HIM for working everything out for you!!!  TRUST GOD, Knowing and Believing that HE IS WORKING ON YOUR BEHALF BEHIND THE SCENES, EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN’T SEE IT!!!




AND HAVING GIVEN ALL OF YOUR WORRIES TO GOD, GOD'S PEACE WILL FILL YOUR SOUL, YOUR HEART AND YOUR MIND BECAUSE YOU HAVE FAITH TO KNOW THAT GOD IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING!!! 


And when fear, worry or doubt try to come to your mind, plead the blood over your mind and tell the devil to shut up.  Bind those spirits of fear, worry, and doubt in the NAME of JESUS according to Matt. 18:18.  And then speak the peace that passeth ALL understanding!!!



Matthew 18:18 (KJV) Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.



Philippians 4:7 Common English Bible (CEB) Then the peace of God that exceeds all understanding will keep your hearts and minds safe in Christ Jesus.





And just in case you didn’t notice!!!!  The KEY is:  YOU MUST GIVE THAT “THING” TO GOD AND LEAVE IT WITH HIM, AND ALLOW HIM TO FIX IT!!!  YOU MUST KNOW AND TRUST THAT GOD IS WORKING IT OUT FOR YOUR GOOD!!!  Rom. 8:28



THAT’S WHEN THE PEACE COMES!!!  WHEN YOU PUT YOUR FAITH AND TRUST IN HIM!!!  AND YOU REFUSE TO WORRY!!!




Phil. 4:7 always follows Phil. 4:6, just as GOD’S PEACE ALWAYS follows you, when you TRULY GIVE YOUR PROBLEMS TO GOD!!


No comments: