Friday, February 17, 2012

Lay It Down!!!!



Sometimes it seems like I have to keep learning this over and over again!!



But once I finally give my problems to the Lord and decide to NOT worry about them any more, there is so much peace!! 



When I say, “Here Father,” God takes them from me!!!  And even though sometimes it seems easier than at others, when I finally decide to give them to God, I can rest assured in HIM that my problems are taken care of!!!



When I finally learned that I could truly trust in GOD to take care of everything, I was amazed at how that Peace that Passes ALL MY Understanding washed over me!!
  Such an Amazing, Unbelievable Peace!! 



I found that there was such comfort in giving my problems to God and letting HIM worry about how to solve them!!!  There is truly so much peace in turning it ALL over to the Lord!!!  There is so much peace in just throwing up my hands and saying, “Here God, they are yours!!!   I refuse to worry about them any more!!!”




Do you know that this is exactly what GOD WANTS US TO DO???



Once we have prayed and laid our problems at Jesus’ feet,
THEN WE SHOULD BEGIN TO PRAISE AND THANK GOD FOR TAKING CARE OF THEM!!! 

 

 

When worry (which is from the devil) tries to attack us, we should quote God’s WORD over our circumstances!!!  When we begin to praise and Thank God for HIS MANY BLESSINGS, the devil is confused!!!  THANKING GOD AND PRAISING HIM DISARMs THE ENEMY!!!  

 


Philippians 4:6-9 (NKJV)

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.




When I learned to take my problems (no matter what they are) to GOD and lay them at HIS FEET and walk away, mentally, and yes, spiritually, I found such a profound comfort in knowing that they were taken care of!!!



I say spiritually, as well as mentally because when God is taking care of things, you move on!!!  You do NOT continue to worry or think about those things, nor do you pray about them any more!!! 




As I say so often, we stand on HIS WORD knowing that HE will do what HE says that HE WILL DO!!! 



John 14:1 (NKJV) “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

 

 

John 14:27 (NKJV) Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


 


Our hope is in God and HE IS THE ONE THAT WE PLACE OUR TRUST IN!!!  We have to know in our hearts that GOD HAS GOOD THINGS PLANNED FOR US, NOT EVIL!!




Jeremiah 29:11 (CEB) I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the LORD; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope.




                                                     ~*~*~*~



Here is the song that inspired this post!!!


Lay It Down by Jaci Velasquez
Composed by Chris Eaton                          

I've been looking till my eyes are tired of looking
Listening till my ears are numb from listening
Praying till my knees are sore from kneeling on the bedroom floor
I know that You know that my heart is aching
I'm running out of tears and my will is breaking
I don't think that I can carry the burden of it anymore
All of my hopes and my dreams and my best laid plans,
Are slowly slipping through my folded hands

Chorus:
So I'm gonna lay it down
I'm gonna learn to trust You now
What else can I do?
Everything I am depends on You
And if the sun don't come back up
I know Your love will be enough
I'm gonna let it be, I'm gonna let it go,
I'm gonna lay it down.

Verse:
I've been walking through this world like I'm barely living
Buried in the doubt of this hole I've been digging
But You're pulling me out
I'm finally breathing in the open air
This room may be dark but I'm finally seeing
There's a new ray of hope, and now I'm believing
That the past is past, and the future's beginning to look brighter now
Oh, cause all of my hopes and my dreams and my best laid plans
Are safe and secure when I place them in Your hands

Chorus:
So I'm gonna lay it down
I'm gonna learn to trust You now
Oh what more can I do,
Cause everything I am depends on You
And if the sun don't come back up
You know Your love will be enough
I'm gonna let it be, I'm gonna let it go, I'm gonna lay it down
I'm gonna lay it down
I'm gonna lay it down

No comments: