Thursday, February 23, 2012

In The Volume Of The Book It Is Written Of Me…




Yesterday, God gave me a phrase to look up and so I did.  That phrase was “
In the Volume of the Book…”




Truthfully, I had no idea what this phrase meant, but I soon found out that it referred to Jesus and HIS DECISION to come to earth and die for us. 



Hebrews 10:5-17 (NKJV)

Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:  “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me.

In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had no pleasure.

Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—In the volume of the book it is written of Me—To do Your will, O God.’”

Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law),

then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second.

10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,

13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.

14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”

17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”




The Psalmist, David; King of Israel, writes these same words.


Ps. 40:6-8 (KJV)

6
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

7Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.




Do you see what I see??? Jesus says that He delights to do God’s Will!!!



And yet still, I did NOT understand!!!



I did NOT understand that JESUS my Lord and Savior was saying to me, "I wanted to come down and give My Life!!!  I wanted to SHED MY BLOOD ON THE CROSS to save you, my child!!!  To save you!!!" 



I came down and I shed My Blood on the cross because I wanted to make a way for ALL those who would to come to my Father, so that they ALL could be saved.”  “For whosoever will.” 



“I chose to die on the cross!!!  I chose to give My Life, so that you could live!!!”  “So, that you could live eternally.”  





We sing this song, Because He Lives (by The Gaithers).


God sent His son, They called Him Jesus.
He came to love, heal and forgive.
He lived and died, to buy my pardon.
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know, I know, I know He holds the future.
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

 


John 3:16-17 (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
 
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

 



And God did send HIS SON!!! 

 


But,
do we understand that JESUS was there and HE was in total agreement with The Father, and with The Spirit and that ALL THREE OF THEM decided that the blood of bulls and goats was not enough to cover the sins of the world? 

 

 

Jesus was ONE OF THE ONES making that decision!!!  HE took part in the decision making process!!!  He helped decide that another much better sacrifice had to be made once and for ALL!!!  AND HE CHOSE TO BE THAT PERFECT SACRIFICE!!!

 


John 1:1-3 (NKJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was in the beginning with God.

All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.





The disciples were sad that Jesus has died and wondered if HE was truly who HE said HE was.  As HE walked with them on the road to Emmaus, this is what HE told 2 of them.



Luke 24:25-27 (NKJV)


25 Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!

26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?”

27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.





The Messiah's Decision is still good today!!!  CHRIST, OUR SAVIOR MADE AN ETERNAL DECISION THAT ENTITLES US (WHOSOEVER WILL) TO ETERNAL LIFE!!!



Hebrews 10:12-14 (CEV)

12But Christ offered himself as a sacrifice that is good forever. Now he is sitting at God's right side,

13and he will stay there until his enemies are put under his power.

14By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.




NOW THAT’S LOVE!!!!  TRUE LOVE!!!

No comments: